We provide a wide range of services to help youth and their families stay on track. Our services include juvenile delinquency program, a community assessment team, and an after-school achievement center.
BridgeWays Program Details:
We provide the following five programs:
- BridgeWays – Juvenile Delinquency Program: provides clinical, institutional and field support services for youth who are justice involved or at risk of justice involvement up to age 21.
- Community Assessment Team: provides individualized supportive case management and links youth dealing with behavioral, social or juvenile justice issues and their families with needed resources and services in East San Diego County.
- Cool Bed: is a voluntary short-term residential placement for youth (ages 12 to 17) that provides temporary shelter and structured yet nurturing supervision from a certified host family, providing youth and their families a two-week, cooling-off period.
- Juvenile Diversion/Alternatives to Detention: helps high-risk youth referred by law enforcement, school personnel, community-based organizations or their families to stay on track and prevent future contact with the juvenile justice system.
- La Mesa Achievement Center: This after-school rehabilitative program is a resource, providing youth services and empowerment utilizing positive youth development, restorative practices, and trauma-informed care to support youth successfully completing terms of probation to prevent further justice involvement.
Our BridgeWays program addresses the behavioral health needs of justice involved youth or youth at risk of justice involvement. The new program provides outpatient clinical services, institutional services and field support services for youth up to age 21.
Our program provides Outpatient Clinical Services, Institutional Services, and Field Supportive Services. Services are also provided in the communities where the youth and families live. In-home meetings are held to provide feedback to caregivers and youth about progress and/or needs.
Outpatient Clinical Services
BridgeWays Outpatient Clinic works with justice involved youth or youth at risk of justice involvement up to age 21 and full-scope Medi-Cal beneficiaries, low income or uninsured.
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse Intervention and Recovery
- Community-based Outreach and Support
- Family Support Services
- 24-hour Support
Juvenile Recovery Specialists and Mental Health Clinicians provide services to youth while they are at one of the three juvenile facilities that the San Diego County Juvenile Probation Department supervises:
- East Mesa Juvenile Detention Facility
- Kearny Mesa Juvenile Detention Facility
- Urban Camp
- Screenings and Assessments
- Group Therapy
- Release Planning
Field Supportive Services
BridgeWays Field Supportive Services facilitates a continuum of care for youth and their families in the community. Some of these youth are participating in services through:
- Breaking Cycles Court Order
- Juvenile Forensic Assistance for Stabilization and Treatment Court
- Reflections and Youth Day Center North, Youth Day Center Central and community-based therapeutic programming
- Individual Intervention and Recovery Plans
- Caregiver Involvement