San Diego Youth Services accepts Clinical Trainees and Interns from various disciplines each year, with placements running from August to July. The application process occurs in January and February and program selections occur by March and April.
Clinical Trainees and Interns start by completing a mandatory five-day Orientation Week Training series in August to enter into their program prepared to provide outstanding services to at-risk youth and families.
- Background Clearances
- Drug Test
- TB Test
- 10 to 12-month commitment
- 20 hrs/wk commitment
- 40-hour onboarding and training
- Personal and professional training throughout the year
- Training and experience in providing Trauma Informed Care services
- Clinical hours, including opportunities for family/relational hours
- Individual, family and group counseling
- AAMFT approved individual and group clinical supervision